Re: UV damage

One Sky Dog

Smooth Prime the new formula but several years on the market has UV blocker
in it.

_http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cmpages/09-28290.php_
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cmpages/09-28290.php)

Regards,

Charlie Johnson
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 7/13/2011 1:18:34 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
rranch524@... writes:

I recently painted my fuselage (only - the wings were alrady painted with
final color coat) with an ACS product called Smooth Prime, a UV filler /
primer (part # 09-28290). My point is that this product is white, and
seems
to be an excellent filler and it's water-based.
I guess I'm looking for confirmation that this is an acceptable UV shield
since I hear everyone discussing a black (carbon) UV product.

Mike Evans, Still building Tri-Q200 in LA