Southern Illinois Field of Dreams Tandem-Wing Fly-in - Sept 9, 10, & 11

Sam Hoskins

It's coming up soon!

I would appreciate a head count to help us plan the logistics. If you think
you are coming, please send me a brief e-mail at: sam.hoskins@... If
you are flying, please let me know what type of aircraft.

This year's Tandem Wing event is being held on September 9, 10, & 11
at the Williamson
County Airport (KMWA) <http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMWA> , in Marion, IL.
Click here to see all about it: http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.
blogspot.com/ and be sure to click on all the header tabs. Besides having
big runways, MWA is also served by Cape Air, which connects to St. Louis
Lambert airport.
As I said, this year's event is open to all composite tandem-wing type
aircraft (including VariViggen, VariEze, Defiant, Quickie, Long EZ, Cozy,
etc.).

We are also making this a project swap meet and so, I am encouraging people
to bring projects to sell. If you are interested in purchasing a partially
complete project (or even a virgin one) or if you want to unload that garage
dust-magnet, this may be your big chance.

Having said that, there is no guarantee that we will have buyers, but let's
give it a shot. I ran into a couple of guys at Oshkosh that have virgin
kits and others with projects at various stages.

To advertise your project on the Tandem Wing blog listed above, shoot me an
e-mail at sam.hoskins@... and put "Fly-In For Sale" in the subject
line. Give a concise description of what you have for sale, and I will list
it here. You may also attach two photos. Please only list things that will
actually be here in Marion. If you decide not to bring it, let me know and
I'll pull the listing. KMWA is just off I-57 for easy towing or trailers and
the like.

Since this is not Ebay and I don't want to start bidding wars, I will not
list the sale price here. Having said that, I am sure there will be some
good deals to be had.

I bumped into a couple of folks at Oshkosh who had already reserved rooms,
so get them while they're hot!

Please forward this e-mail to anyone who might be interested.

See you there.

Sam & Sandy Hoskins