Re: Level problems

Martin Skiby

No this is great information and what I was thinking about doing. I have had an offer of a jig that I intend on taking up that may speed things up.

Thanks

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

Martin,
I will take a stab at this. I too had to replace the main wing in my project. I had no reference to the level lines. I used the fuselage split line, and measured up or down from there to determine the level line.Per plans. Then jigged the fuselage and let the air out of the tires to clear the concrete. I took off the nose gear(hung it from the rafters with tie down straps) and got the canard level with a water line, at the level lines on the hot wire templates. Then used a 2X2 and bondo to hold the canard tips to the floor. Checked the incidence of the canard relative to the fuselage. It happened to be at 0°. Then set the new wing to 0° also. Also per plans. Got a lot of help from my friends too! Must have worked, I have 230 hours on the plane.
Hope all this text helps. If not ask away. I'm sure I can confuse you sufficiently.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 230 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Nov 22, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Martin wrote:

Ok so I need some advise. I purchased my TriQ200 back after many years and damage from Hurricane Hugo (I think). I am replacing the main wing and the entire tail section. Here is my issue. I did not do the smart thing and make a template of the level line from the main wing before I cut it off so now how the heck do I level the plane properly to get the correct incidence in the wing? Remember it is a TriQ so it is on the gear.

Any thoughts on this wouldbe appriciated. Rick I know you are reading this also so please ring in off line.

Thanks all.