Re: [Dragonflylist] First Flight still flyable

Martin Skiby

Looks and sounds great. One suggestion, quite pushing buttons on take off. You looked as if you were wandering around while you were concentrating on your engine gauge. Get it where you want it and take off. Concentrate on flying the plane first.

My 2 cents cuz we all want you to keep coming back safe.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Patrick Panzera <editor@...> wrote:

Excellent job Charlie!

Your engine sounds SO nice!

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM, <oneskydog@...> wrote:

**

To all Q list;

First I would like to thank the members of the tandem wing community for
the support. they even let me show up in a Cessna! Thanks to all for the
encouragement and congratulatory posts following my engine runs, taxi
runs,
and first flight.

More details: February 5th I went to the airport N-187CD was sitting there
cowl on, tires aired up, main tank full. I had replaced the 52" X 58"
propeller with a 52" X 54" from Tennessee Props Inc. I was getting over
2800 rpm
static. I had previous static runs of 2650 with the 52" X 58" with taxi
runs with 2687 peak rpm. I was thinking I was over the torque curve peak.
have been operating full rich on the ground and the mixture adjustment
seems
to be overly sensitive swinging rich to lean with little movement of the
lever.

The first card of the flight plan: Take off do not screw with mixture,carb
heat, trim ect. Climb to pattern altitude, check temps, climb to 7500 msl
north east of the airport using clearing 360 turns of varying bank angles.
Check temps, slow to pitch bob level attitude. Return to airport to land.

I basically accomplished the card but have a low rpm condition. This may
be
mixture or attitude related or too much prop or something else. Still have
39.1 hrs to get it figured out in.

Here is the video link

_http://contour.com/stories/file001a_ (http://contour.com/stories/file001a)

Regards,