Re: [Dragonflylist] First Flight still flyable

One Sky Dog

You are right, my bad.
I was steering with my feet trying to get my tach back and did get off
centerline. I finally just had the airspeed and flew it off. Trying to get used
to lots of info on one screen.

I am also going to request the bigger runway.

Regards,

Charlie Johnson
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 2/17/2012 3:07:41 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
mskiby@... writes:

Looks and sounds great. One suggestion, quite pushing buttons on take
off. You looked as if you were wandering around while you were concentrating
on your engine gauge. Get it where you want it and take off. Concentrate
on flying the plane first.

My 2 cents cuz we all want you to keep coming back safe.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Patrick Panzera <editor@...> wrote:

Excellent job Charlie!

Your engine sounds SO nice!

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM, <oneskydog@...> wrote:

**

To all Q list;

First I would like to thank the members of the tandem wing community
for
the support. they even let me show up in a Cessna! Thanks to all for
the
encouragement and congratulatory posts following my engine runs, taxi
runs,
and first flight.

More details: February 5th I went to the airport N-187CD was sitting
there
cowl on, tires aired up, main tank full. I had replaced the 52" X 58"
propeller with a 52" X 54" from Tennessee Props Inc. I was getting over
2800 rpm
> static. I had previous static runs of 2650 with the 52" X 58" with
taxi
runs with 2687 peak rpm. I was thinking I was over the torque curve
peak.
have been operating full rich on the ground and the mixture adjustment
seems
to be overly sensitive swinging rich to lean with little movement of
the
> lever.

The first card of the flight plan: Take off do not screw with
mixture,carb
heat, trim ect. Climb to pattern altitude, check temps, climb to 7500
msl
north east of the airport using clearing 360 turns of varying bank
angles.
Check temps, slow to pitch bob level attitude. Return to airport to
land.

I basically accomplished the card but have a low rpm condition. This
may
be
mixture or attitude related or too much prop or something else. Still
have
39.1 hrs to get it figured out in.

Here is the video link

_http://contour.com/stories/file001a_