From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Patrick Panzera
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 12:58 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Quickie history (it was summer of 1980)

Thank you!
Did the prototype fly with the Revmaster?

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM, John Loram <johnl@...
<mailto:johnl%40loram.org> > wrote:

**

QAC newsletter #10 of October 1980 was the first mention of the Q2 and has
photo of a Q2 flying at Mojave and a description of it doing fly-bys at
the
Tullahoma EAA fly-in of the same year. A feature article in the same
issue,
"Introducing Q2" says, "First flight was on July 1, 1980, after only four
month construction time." This issue also makes reference to "an aircraft
called the Dragonfly that resembles a scaled up Quickie".

QAC newsletter #14 of Oct 19981, a year later, documents two flying Q2's
at
Oshkosh.

-john-
p.s. QAC newsletter #7 of January 1980 says the following, "About this
time
last year we were commenting on the cost of aviation gas being one dollar
per gallon.... Well, here it is a year later and the price of aviation gas
is about $1.20 per gallon and most aviation publications predict prices of
$2.00 per gallon by the end of 1980...." Oh for the good ol' days!