Re: Your opinion? Q2 basket case purchase

Paul Buckley

Hi Paul

It is the general opinion of the group that the aileron reflexor is a better and more powerful trim device than the T-tail, consequently the T-tail is rarely seen.

The reflexor is simply a linkage that allows both ailerons to move the same way, up and down, in synchronisation.
This effectively loads or unloads the main wing thereby giving longitudinal trim.
......... and it would be easier to retrofit than a T-tail.

As regards this particular Q, is it possible to publish some detailed photographs, including those of any damage, on the Q list?
I assume that it has flown?
According to your description of the damage to the top right wingtip, it seems to be minor, so why do you say that it is a basket case?
Is there any other damage?

Pictures are definitely required!

Paul Buckley
Cheshire
England

TriQ-200
(with both reflexor and T-tail in order to really satisfy myself as to the attributes of both ......... actually the T-tail was already built when the reflexor came along!)

Still building after all these years....................... ;-( Yeah, yeah ......I know!! 'GET IT BUILT!'