From: cbthorne14@...
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Elevator and T-Tail trim ?
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 18:39:45 -0000

Hi everyone,
I am rebuilding a Q2 in Cochrane just outside of Calgary and have a question for those more knowledgeable. I would be grateful for advice. I have the T-Tail trim system on my Q2 C-GMBK and believe that I can omit the "Elevator trim" control that used to be on the forward center console. I believe that the elevator trim system is a possible safety issue in that it could be adjusted to reduce some of the elevator control movement if one was unaware of settings. Having two trim systems seems wrong to me. I have read the article in the Nov/Dec 2011 (# 150) issue of Q-Talk archive by Gary McKirdy (tech counselor UK, thanks Gary), that explains in detail about the T-Tail and Reflexor trim systems. He had commented in the article, quote: "If you have both the Elevator and T-Tail" inferring it to could be an option. I believe that many have both because the Elevator trim was the original configuration with T-Tail or Reflexor added later. Can I safely remove the original elevator trim wheel?
Thanks guys

Calvin Thorne
56 Rolling Range Estate
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada T4C 2A3
Cell & text 403 860-7582
Aircraft building web page:
http://users.xplornet.com/~vision/44/tailfeathers.html

Overstock iPads - $30.93!
Save big in overstock auctions: 32GB iPads just $30.93! Limit 1/day.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50fb6e53a7bec6e520692st01vuc