From: Chris Adkins <ccadkins1@...>
To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Sat, Aug 31, 2013 11:08 am
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Broken bird in Pennsylvania

:-(
On Aug 31, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

All,

Yesterday, Sandy and I stopped for fuel at Zelienopole, PA (KPJC) on the
way to the Quickie fly-in in Massachusetts. On takeoff, the right wheel
went through a puddle and aircraft lurched to the right and off the runway.
Went down a shallow embankment and broke the front wing and had a prop
strike.

Sandy is fine, I am dejected.

Aircraft is now sitting in the maintenance hanger waiting for the FAA to
look at it on Tuesday.

Now I have to figure out how to get it home. For now, we have a hotel in
Cranberry, PA, near Pittsburgh, and a rental car to get around in.

I have to locate a trailer and a tow vehicle. I may buy one of each
locally, then sell them when I get home. The holiday weekend isn't helping.

Today I am going to see if there are any EAAers around that may help.

I am open to suggestions.

Sam

P.S. Uggh

Sent via wireless gizmo.