Re: Canard update

Skyraider

Um..... Additional weight??

As the name imply's ,  the added layer, gets peeled off, along with excess epoxy, therefore reducing weight
of the laid up item.

Charlie
(in Texas)

On Dec 20, 2013, at 6:40, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

I hope to be peel plying the crap out of this layup.  A friend donated a bunch of old Ceconite fabric and I have a test layup going right now.  If it pans out, I will try and peel ply the whole surface.

BTW - I seem to recall some testing someone did, and the additional weight was insignificant..  Can't remember where I saw it though.

Sam

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Mike Dwyer <q2pilot@...> wrote:

FYI.  I used peel ply on the top and bottom of the canard where it will attach to the fuselage.  This way you don't have to rough up the glass prior to fuselage attachment.

Mike Dwyer

My YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/ddljYZ
My Vimeo Videos: http://goo.gl/bsaLsG
My Website: http://q200.eu.pn/

On Dec 19, 2013 8:34 PM, "Sam Hoskins" <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

The latest.  The bottom of the canard gets it's glass on Saturday.

We are supposed to get 4-5 inches of rain this weekend.  Good thing I'm not building this thing outside.

Sam