cowling, air cooling holes

Jeff Sellars

The previous owner closed off the air inlet cooling holes about 95% they are now about 3/8 of an inch high by about 6 inches wide. With the Revmaster 2100 is this going to be enough air to cool it? The cut out for the oil cooler is still there and the whole size of the cooler.

The plane has 40 hours on it. It apears as if he may have done this because he may have felt that there was enough cooling already? maybe to increase speed a little? I can't reach him to ask him. I wrote letters and tried.

How large should these holes be at minimum?