Landing a Q

Jim Patillo

Good afternoon Mike,
Thank you for the compilation of the different planes' tailwheel-tailspring geometry we have in the fleet. So it looks like the safest way (for a newbe or maybe others depending on the configuration) is to land it 3 point. The only problem with a second or third hand plane is it has probably been modified in some form or fashion. Having said that, understanding what you have before getting it airborne is an important area for a pilot to be aware of. I think we learned something on this one.

Again if properly configured, there should be absolutely no reason for a Q to divert from the runway.

Jim P