Re: Carbon Fiber Q-2

Sam Hoskins

Interesting, never heard of a CF Q-2.  What portion did you examine?  Fuselage, wing?

Are you sure it's not the paint primer?  The original finishing method called out for a black primer that was designed to protect the epoxy from UV. Maybe that is what you are seeing.

Sam

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM, <kitfoxjeff@...> wrote:

Why is my Q-2 outer layer appear to be made from Carbon Fiber?

The person i bought it from said it was built of carbon fiber, I didn't believe him so I sanded, and/or pealed a few spots and see that it is, from the out side, Carbon fiber. But from the inside, it looks traditional, glass.

I heard that Carbon fiber could be 4 times stronger if done right from the start vacuum bagged and all, however, if not done correctly it may only be 50% stronger.

Anyone want to help me understand this?