From: Charlie
To: Q-LIST
Sent: Wed, Apr 23, 2014 5:45 am
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Runway excursion - canard bent

In my humble opinion, I think the LS1 structure is a complete mess. Canards are not meant to do off runway excursions, way over design loads with the tip gear reacting to the terrain.

I have seen a couple of off runway results for aluminum planes and they do not fare well either.

Fix the steering!

Charlie

On Apr 23, 2014, at 4:01 AM, <afarr@...> wrote:

Re "Ls1 Canard with the stronger spar style wing" - who says the Ls1 is stronger?