Re: 2014 Field of Dreams Fly-In [1 Attachment]

Jerry Marstall

Say what you will, but nothing sounds better than VW on a Q.  AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!
Looking forward to being there to hear it in person.
Jerry

On 7/29/2014 3:58 PM, Dave Dugas davedq2@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Hi Everyone
Here comes an early reminder, and some information, regarding the 24th annual Field of Dreams Fly-In, which will be held on the 26th - the 28th of September 2014 at Orange Municipal Airport (KORE). I would like to start by thanking everyone who attended last year despite the weather. Later in the month should be better in the weather department, and definitely in the foliage department. We have the use of the EAA building again, and there will be steamers and lobster on the Saturday evening menu. A Saturday trip to Yankee Candle (The "scenter" of America) will take place, hosted by Dianna Dugas.
I have scouted a different motel, smaller than the Executive Inn, but renovated and clean. It's located 1/4 mile away from the Executive Inn and closer to Herrick's Tavern, where we will meet Friday evening for some food, beverage, and beverage. The new place is the Travel Inn (978)-544-2986, and I was quoted $55 / night, queen size bed....$65 / night, 2 beds. I think this is a lower price than the rooms last year, and there were a couple of issues last year regarding the cancellation policy. The owners of the Travel Inn are a lot friendlier, and I will send a couple of links to both places so you can decide.
Camping at the airport next to the EAA building / bathroom, which will remain open for the entire event, is free.

I have information from a reliable source that Sam Hoskins will fly his Q200 to this years FOD fly-in, and Sandy will also attend (possibly arriving via alternate transportation). My Q2 will also be there, this year with an engine. I hope everything works out so that everyone flying a tandem wing aircraft can make it this year. Please forward this info to the Dragonfly group....I hope a few of the DFlys attend.
As I think of other info I will send it out, and if you are planning to come to New England for this, let me know. I am breaking in my engine, and now have about 8 hours on it. I am attaching a short clip of a test flight, taken by Dan Hickey about 2 weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to hosting this years FOD Fly-In.  Thank you.
Dave Dugas