Re: Good Progress Report

Jerry Marstall

This is getting exciting. J

On Aug 17, 2014 6:07 PM, "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Haven't hit my blog yet, but today I finally started the engine!  Yes!

I pushed it out and tied the tail to my car, per Sam. The first time I tried to start it, when I pushed the button, there was just a click.  Clidk, click, click. I finally gave up and pushed it back into the hangar.

After much searching around I found the connector wire that goes to the started solenoid was off the tab. Since the started is buried in the firewall, I thought I would have to pull the engine to hook it up. But since I don't have a left magneto, I was able to wiggle my arm through that little opening and get it connected.  Yea baby! Maybe I'll take a selfie of that action.

Pushed it back out and tied it down again. It started up just fine and sounded strong! Ran it for a few minutes..

I pushed it back in and solved a little brake issue I was having and one of the rocker covers was leaking oil. After fixing that stuff I pushed it out for a second go.  This time I didn't tie it down, but actually taxied it around a bit!  Did several U-turns and figure eights out on the ramp.  It seems to handle just fine. I celebrated by putting another 15 gallons of gas in.

Looks like I'm on my way.

Sam