Re: 2014 Field of Dreams Fly-In

Jerry Marstall

The motel told me 48 hr cnx notice.  24 would sure be better.  Jerry

On Aug 20, 2014 12:00 AM, "Dave Dugas davedq2@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hi Jay
 I haven't made any plans for presentations, but you would be more than welcome to set one up. The EAA building is small and I have a flat screen TV that could be used. Last year Mike Bergen did an impromptu presentation on composites that filled about an hours time, and was very good. He used his laptop for the program. It sounds interesting. 
 Mike asked about the cancelation policy at the motel, and it's 24 hours. 
 The weather here has been fantastic, and I'm getting excited about our event. The airport is in great shape, and welcomes camping. The EAA building will be left open all night if people are camping out. I flew tonight and it was a beautiful calm and clear night. 
 Jerry Marstall and Sam Hoskins have reserved rooms and Sams progress reports are looking good. A trip to Yankee Candle on Saturday is planned. Lobsters and steamers at 6:00 PM. If anyone needs help, or if rooms fill up for some reason, let me know. I'm sure that the Executive Inn will have a vacancy in a pinch. 
    Hope to see everyone.....Dave D

Sent from Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------
From "jay@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 08/19/2014 8:20 PM (GMT-05:00)
To Q-LIST@...
Subject [Q-LIST] Re: 2014 Field of Dreams Fly-In

Hi Dave,I have booked airline tickets to Hartford, and will rent a car and drive to Orange. I also booked a room from Thursday night, so I will be on hand to help you set things up on Friday if you need help.

On a related note: I have been talking to a few people off-line most of this year about the full aerodynamic computer modeling of the Q-200 (LS-1 canard) that I have been working on for a few years. This is a  quantitative modeling analysis that I had intended to finish earlier this year and get it out to a few people for review before distributing it widely.  But my timing has slipped, and this delay may present an opportunity to show the study, or at least the meat of it at the FOD, if you have not already booked something technical. I think people there would be quite interested in the findings and they could provide real time feedback for me. If you would like, I can put together a powerpoint with the salient findings and be prepared to present it. I would only need a fairly good digital projector that could hook to my computer (standard VGA) and a screen or white wall.

Let me know if this would appeal to you and if you say yes, how much time you think would be appropriate.

I am looking forward to the FOD, but I could not talk my wife into coming, even with the Yankee Candles enticement, but I will keep working on her for subsequent years.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel , Tri-Q, still building

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.