Re: Q2 LS1 Carbon spar?

Paul Buckley

Oops! Thanks Sam, just as well someone is on the ball! :-)

Quoting "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>:

Paul - Elevators, not ailerons.

But of course, you knew that.

Sam

Sent via wireless gizmo.
On Aug 29, 2014 12:21 PM, "'Paul Buckley' paulbuckley@... [Q-LIST]" <
Q-LIST@...> wrote:

?
Are the ailerons finished?

If they are, and the underside of them are concave, then you have an LS1
canard.
If they are flat it is a GU canard.

The two canards are completely different structures ......... if you want
the LS1 you have to have the spars and you cannot modify the GU.
However, if you plan on building a TriQ then you can dispense with the
spars, but this is *only* for the tricycle gear Q.
It is called the 'Waddelow' canard, and is an LS1 aerofoil just the same
but without the spars because it is not subject to landing loads.

Cheers

Paul B, Cheshire, England