From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:30 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Progress report - Two sets forward, big steps backwards.

The noise has gradually gotten worse.  I thought it was my old Valcom radio but I was wrong.  The new Garmin is still noisy.  So I have pulled the mag today to send it in for a check out and hopefully it will be the capacitor or points or something.  If the mag has nothing wrong with it I will pull the B and C alternator to have it checked out.

The radio works great until I fire  up the engine.  Then it gets "Scratchy" according to tower and 2 ship with my hanger mate.  In the past year I have reworked all of the grounds (pulled them all to the grounding buss by the battery).  Reworked the ground to the engine and firewall.  Periodically I have heard an arcing fazing noise in my headsets but it was intermittent.  I have tried pulling  breakers to isolate the cause but the radio still puts out noise.  I get a slight improvement when I turn off the mag but the noise is still there.

With all that said it seems to be pointing to the mag.  I hope to get the mag back next weekend so I can remount the engine and test it.  Working long hours to try and make it to ORE.

Will let  you know how it works out.

Bruce

From: "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:17:24 -0500

Murphy's Law again.

Want to place your ad here?
Advertise on United Online
www.adsonar.com

The End of the "Made-In-China" Era
The impossible (but real) technology that could make you impossibly rich.
fool.com