Re: Q2 LS1 Carbon spar?

Mike Perry

Has anyone thought of designing a spar that a home-builder could make for him/herself?  Perhaps an "I-beam" or box of carbon fiber?

Mike

On 9/3/2014 10:02 AM, Jon Matcho jmatcho@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

I suggested looking at www.rockwestcomposites.com as a source for the LS1 carbon spar.  I have since spoken with Richard Kaczmarek of Fast Little Airplanes and found that he had attempted to do the same, but their cost to him was more than he is offering now.  My take is that the spars from Fast Little Airplanes meet or exceed the specifications of the original LS1 spar.

These spars are available today, just browse to www.quickheads.com and click 'Kit Hardware'.

Jon Matcho

Former Cozy Mark IV builder