Not sure what I did to deserve that one.  I have heard it is very hard to sue the builder or pilot of an Experimental -- which doesn't mean the lawyers don't try.

I admit to my ignorance of the engineering involved in designing a replacement spar, but I'm still wondering.

Mike

On 9/3/2014 3:49 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Has anyone thought of designing a spar
Why don't you design one??? You seem not to have a concern for our legal system.

j.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Perry dmperry1012@... [Q-LIST]
To: Q-LIST
Sent: Wed, Sep 3, 2014 2:25 pm
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q2 LS1 Carbon spar?

Has anyone thought of designing a spar that a home-builder could make for him/herself?  Perhaps an "I-beam" or box of carbon fiber?

Mike

On 9/3/2014 10:02 AM, Jon Matcho jmatcho@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

I suggested looking at www.rockwestcomposites.com as a source for the LS1 carbon spar.  I have since spoken with Richard Kaczmarek of Fast Little Airplanes and found that he had attempted to do the same, but their cost to him was more than he is offering now.  My take is that the spars from Fast Little Airplanes meet or exceed the specifications of the original LS1 spar.

These spars are available today, just browse to www.quickheads.com and click 'Kit Hardware'.

Jon Matcho
Former Cozy Mark IV builder