Re: Revmaster 2100

Jerry Marstall

Right there is the most telling reason why you don't want to fly the Revmaster.  When I had the Revmaster I limited my passenger weight to 400 lbs.  200 for me, 200 for the passenger.  And that was a struggle at a density altitude of 3000'.   2-240 pounders is going to be really cozy.

On 10/20/2014 6:32 PM, Jeff Sellars kitfoxjeff@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Thanks. I do worry about weight especially because i weight 240 dry. And all of my friends and potential passengers are around the same if not more.

From: Patrick Panzera editor@... [Q-LIST] ;
To: Q-LIST ;
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: Revmaster 2100
Sent: Mon, Oct 20, 2014 10:28:23 PM

IMHO, the 120 hp Jab would get you there without much (if any) weight penalty, but there are cooling issues with the Jab 3300.

Otherwise getting that much power will cost you a lot of weight, or a lot of money as in the case of the Jab or UL engine.

Even opting for the O-235 means a pretty hefty weight addition- as many as 70 pounds over the O-200, which is already heavier than the VW.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Jeff Sellars kitfoxjeff@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hi Pat and everyone. Thanks for your input and all of the concerns on the private chats to.

I need to consider all option.

But if i end up doing a re-power, while spending all of that time and money, shouldn't I also see about getting the most bang for the buck in regards to power? HP? Perhaps more than just the 100 hp o200?

How well does the quickie do with a 120 hp in it?
I do have the LS1 canard and all of the upgrades. Balanced controls, sparrow strainers, ect.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone