Re: Q2 on eBay

Rick Hole

I work for Velocity and see builders complete their planes and most apply for the repairman's certificate.  It makes a difference which FSDO to which the builder applies.  You'd think the rules would be the same, but it just "ain't so."  Like interpretations of the Bible, different inspectors see things differently.  They know right away if the applicant has really built the plane or if he/she was a bystander.  Their "legs" are not easily "pulled."
I would advise anyone presenting themselves for the certificate to know in details how it was constructed, how the systems work, and what constitutes your airplane to be signed off for it's conditional inspection.  In other words, be truly qualified as a repairman.  If you are not, wait until you are.  There is no time limit to when you can apply.

We have a partly built Q2 on a trailer.  The abandoned project has been outside for too long and the fuselage and wings are not recommended for repair.  The canopy and VW cowling are in good shape.  The trailer needs some rust repair but is roadworthy.  Contact off-list if interested.  Located at X26.

Rick Hole