Re: ADS-B

Mike Dwyer

That is the winner at $700.  Uses your existing (old) transponder, weighs a pound.  Looks like you need to install a GPS antenna and a transponder type antenna.   It outputs a wifi signal to your tablet to display the traffic.  I use an Android tablet with AVARE software.  AVARE is free Android software for navigation, flight planning, has airport facility directories, IFR charts...  Really, it's free but most people make a donation to the developers.

Now will it drop in price as we approach 2020?  I'm going to hold out a bit.  Thanks Jerry for the info.

Mike Dwyer Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://q200.eu.pn/