Certification paperwork

Jay Scheevel

Starting to work through some of the paperwork associated with certifying my Q. The kit is not listed on the FAA list of 51% owner built. May have been there at some point, but not now. The other option is to fill out the FAA form 8000-39, where I certify that I have built at least 51% of the aircraft. Have any of you recent bulders done it this way?  Is this the proper procedure? Demonstrating 51% will be slam dunk, but I don't want to get cross-wise right out of the gate by doing things the wrong way. Advice welcome.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building