Re: Painting Problem

Everett T Starnes <n1victor@...>

Hi Dave,
If you have a PPG paint dealer in town get some DX330 Solvent, it'll
remove silicone based chemicals and won't have any effect on the foam
core. Use two clean rags, one to apply small amounts of DX330 and one to
wipe the area clean and be sure to remove all the '330, if you don't it
can cause similar problems. If it is real deep in the micro, I'd sand all
the affected area and start over with micro filler.
Bud Starnes

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:31:39 -0400 "Dave Richardson"
<dave@...> writes:

-------------------------- eGroups Sponsor

I found a patch on my airplane that does not seem to want
to hold paint. It is located near the right elevator torque tube
but on the top of the canard. It looks as though the previous
owner/builder sprayed some WD-40 toward the elevator
tube and hit the top of the canard as well.

The area is about 3" x 1/2". I've sanded back all the primer
and topcoat in that area to where it appears to be attached.
The exposed area is EZPoxy micro for the most part.

What will get rid of the silicone or what ever it is and be sure
the paint will adhere?

Thanks for your help.

Dave Richardson