Re: nylaflow question

Martin Skiby

Nice job.

I took my nylaflow all the way to the brake, but installed a sleeve of larger nylaflow in the gear leg so I can easily change the tube at any time.  Has not been changed since 1995 at this point and is doing fine.  I use Fiber Frax and aluminum tape for a heat barrier.  Works great.  Your install looks mush heartier however and a great idea.

Make sure to still use Frax and tape on the gear leg to protect from heat.  Just on the gear next to the brake disc.  I have seen a Long Eze gear fail in taxi from super heating the gear leg on a long taxi.  Not pretty.