Re: Speed

Rich Gillen

I wasn't trying to get to Technical, just looking for approximate Level Flight Speed Numbers, what most People want to know, with different HP engines. Since most People seem to use the O-200 in the Q2, they should all be fairly close to each other, but the Quickie(Q1) has had a large variety of different engines put on it. There have been many new small engines come out in the last 5-10 years also.

A 22hp Onan being the smallest I have heard of, put on a Q1, and a Skidoo 583(97hp) being the highest HP.

Rich

2f

Re: SPEED

Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:47 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Mike Dwyer" planedude_99

That is a bit of a silly question. In level flight? TAS, CAS? GPS?
See my speed test video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPp-vroryvY
Almost 1300 views, cool.

The idea is that you fly in three headings 0, 120, and 240 degrees for
instance, and then average the speed of the GPS readings.
This gets you a pretty good speed at that Pressure altitude. Then convert
back to sea level on a 59F day. Doing that my Q200 does around 210 mph+ in
level flight at standard.

Tired, old 0-200A and 2800RPM

Mike Dwyer