Re: Cabin door redux

Larry Severson

It looks great. But the cabin locks were not shown. And, what about rain? Will you be selling plans?

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:07 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Cabin door redux

I have nearly finished the cabin doors, adding external frames, seals and I stiffened and strengthened the whole assembly. Also added forward stops/rests.

The doors now fit and seal and operate smoothly in addition to being secure in the forward/open position, so should not be adversely affected by the propwash on the ground or taxiing. Here is a video of operation.

Still have a few more plies to reinforce and close out the interior of the door, but this video is pretty much the finished product. Both doors, plus all hardware weigh a total of 14 pounds.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q N8WQ, still building

Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/02V2_giAL4M