Re: Service ceiling

Mike Dwyer

I would agree.  Larry K took his Q200 to 22,000 feet one hot day over Atlanta.  I've been at 14,500 and still climbing 500 fpm with two people.
But let's see what the Q2 folks say.

Mike Q200 N3QP

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Jerry Marstall jerrylm1986@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Replace it with an O200.  You will need the extra power.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 8:11 AM elboy0712@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Can I ask everyone what their demonstrated service ceiling has been? I just bought a tri-q that I will be getting back in the air over the coming months, but live in Colorado at almost 7k with a 14k wall to my west. So I guess its a 2 part question. I have the revmaster 2100d with upgraded cylinders and prop I'm unsure of until next week.

1. What is your demonstrated service ceiling

2. What kind of climb rate are you enjoying over 7k (ideally 7k - 15k if you have done it)