Re: 1835 CC

Larry Severson

The biggest problem with the GU canard is on the ground, not in the air. In the air it is more efficient.  It does not like taxi across rough surfaces.

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 12:44 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: 1835 CC

Hi Victor,

I would not be so fast to condemn the old canard. Many have flown GU versions with larger engines. Usually vortex generators are in order to make it less susceptible to contamination, but it does seem to be able to handle the other aspects of a larger engine. I know that Paul Spackman has the old canard with VG's and a 120 HP Jabiru on the nose. He flies a lot, so he may be a good source of info.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building