Re: Noisy Wheels/Brakes and weight and balance

Martin Skiby

Thanks Paul,  I completely understand and was confused as most conventional tail wheel craft calculate the tail distance from the main wheel weight point and then use the provide datum in the calculation.

CG = D + (RxL) / W

I see that on the Q2 most folks are using the R from the datum line at 14 Inches in front of the firewall.

I also have a TriQ200 that is flying nicely and am aware of the CG limits, but this tail wheel Q200 has the GU canard so it is much less forgiving.

Thanks for the clarification.  That moves my CG point to 43.77 Aft of Datum which seems farther aft than I was thinking.