Re: Foam

David J. Gall

Uzair,

The bulkhead and console foam ("white foam") is approximately 5/16" or 3/8" or 6mm thick depending on how closely you want to measure. :) As I posted earlier, it is General Plastics Last-a-Foam at 4 or 4.5 lb. density.

The firewall is 1/4" marine or aircraft plywood (mahogany or birch) that is laminated on both sides with 2plies of BID per side (on the bias). If you don't have the "Appendix" sheets having the outline of the firewall and other bulkheads, then you can't build the plane. These sheets also give the material and lamination callouts for these parts, the wheel pants, etc.

You'll also need the welded parts which are NOT documented ANYWHERE and you'll need the phenolic block from which to cut the control surface bearing blocks and other parts, said block having been pre-drilled and reamed by QAC and for which no dimensions have ever been published (particularly the hole sizes for the reamed holes).

I just thought you should know what you're getting into.

David J. Gall
Gall Aerospace