Re: Engine installation

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

I was probably misunderstood at SNF. The placement for the engine mount moves down 1 3/8" at the top to get the UL engine crank on the trust line for the Q. I will post a picture of the firewall dwg when I get back into our shop in WV this week. As far as CG the UL comes in at about 8lbs lighter then the 2100D VW so there should be no issues there. UL offers all the info on line for the engine mount dimension needed and the original Q firewall templets does offer the thrust line location. Balancing the controls is a must do because of the speed increase with the new engine.

Fast Little Airplanes