Re: Tri-Q with Revmaster for sale

britmcman99

Hello Richard:

Thanks for the insight. This does point out that there are quite a few failure modes and effects to consider. A TriQ with a collapsed nose wheel and an engine fire combined with a forward sliding canopy. So many potentialities to consider.

Regards,

Phil

On Jun 6, 2017, at 2:09 AM, 'richard@...' richard@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Phil,
My TriQ200 had the push forward canopy when bought and I changed it to forward hinged because of an accident Witnessed back in 1990 at Cranfield fly-in in UK where the nose leg collapsed on landing (old style) and the engine caught fire , and as the guy opened the canopy (push forward canopy) the flames blasted up the inside of the canopy and burnt his arms and face. That made the forward hinged canopy the only way to go for me, if your upside down it'smash your way out anyway.
Richard Thomson
UK

Sent from my HTC