Re: FOD Fly in - weekend of September 23

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Paul.
Count me in.  I can't cnx for wx if I am not signed up.

Really looking forward to being there.
Jerry

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/29/17 7:56 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: q-list@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] FOD Fly in - weekend of September 23

As I hope you all know, we are planning to hold the Field of Dreams fly in again in Davenport Iowa the weekend of 23 September.  Since it is getting close, I figured it was time to give everyone an update.

As I mentioned above it is set for the weekend of 23 September.  Most folks arrive on Friday and start heading home on Sunday - but you are more than welcome to come earlier or stay later!  We announced the date a year in advance, so hopefully everyone already has it on their calendar!

We will again be located at the Davenport Municipal Airport (KDVN) in eastern Iowa. We are right on the edge of the Quad Cities Class C, but you do not need a transponder or a radio to get to Davenport.  For those driving, the airport is about 100 yards north of Interstate 80, so it is really easy to find.  If you are coming commercially, Chicago O'hare and Midway are about a three hour drive.  You can also look at Peoria (KPIA) or Cedar Rapids (KCID) which are about an hours drive away.  But we're hoping you will fly your Q-bird (or other aircraft) directly to KDVN!

I talked to the hotel management today (same place as last year).  They are very happy to host us again (I know, I was surprised too!).  Information on reserving a room are attached below.  Please make your reservation by 01 September and mention our group to get the best room rate.  I specifically discussed how weather sensitive we are, and they have agreed to allow cancellations at no charge up to and including your stated arrival date.  So if you think there is any chance that you will attend (and I hope you will!), please go ahead and make a reservation.

As we get closer, I'll ask for a show of hands of those that will be attending, just to make sure we have enough food and drinks for everyone.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.  Every year at these events I laugh so hard my cheeks are sore for a week afterwards!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions please free to email me directly.

Thanks,

Paul A. Fisher
Q-200, N17PF

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM
Subject: Lodging information for the Quickie Builders group (September 22nd-24th, 2017) in Davenport, IA
To: Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...>

The Quality Inn & Suites of Davenport, Iowa welcomes the Quickie Builders group on September 22nd-24th, 2017!

Paul Fisher has set aside a block of rooms for you as you come to town for this exciting event.  We look forward to providing outstanding lodging for you!

The Quality Inn & Suites enjoys the honor of consistently being a top-rated hotel on TripAdvisor.com.  We completed a $1.5 million dollar renovation over the last year to offer an incredible value for you. Everything is brand new -- from our fresh, modern décor’ to our room furnishings and our lobby design.

Here are some of our most popular features…

• Complimentary, expanded HOT breakfast -- Hearty, healthy, buffet style breakfast featuring a delicious sausage egg & cheese casserole, biscuits and gravy, fresh hot Belgian waffles, corned beef hash, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins, fresh fruits, pastries, bagels, and 20 other items to choose from!
  • Luxurious Pillow Top beds
  • Quiet, Impeccably clean rooms – Checked twice for perfection before arrival.
  • Computer station & free WIFI
  • Indoor pool
  • Fitness center
  • Guest laundry and game room with pool table
  • A myriad of great dining and shopping just one minute away – Including NorthPark Mall!
  • Voted one of the top hotels in Davenport, Iowa by the general public on TripAdvisor.com
  • 2017 Choice Hotels Platinum Award winner
  • Special rate for the Quickie Builders group  ~ $81.99*

*To reserve your room, please call the hotel directly at (563) 386-8336 by September 1st, 2017 and mention the Quickie Builders group block.  When you call, please specify your actual nights of stay.

You can view photos of our hotel and read wonderful reviews about us on TripAdvisor.com.

We look forward to your call!

Best Regards,

Barry

=

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.