From: "Paul Fisher rv7a.n18pf@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 6/29/17 7:56 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: q-list@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] FOD Fly in - weekend of September 23

As I hope you all know, we are planning to hold the Field of Dreams fly in again in Davenport Iowa the weekend of 23 September.  Since it is getting close, I figured it was time to give everyone an update.

As I mentioned above it is set for the weekend of 23 September.  Most folks arrive on Friday and start heading home on Sunday - but you are more than welcome to come earlier or stay later!  We announced the date a year in advance, so hopefully everyone already has it on their calendar!

We will again be located at the Davenport Municipal Airport (KDVN) in eastern Iowa. We are right on the edge of the Quad Cities Class C, but you do not need a transponder or a radio to get to Davenport.  For those driving, the airport is about 100 yards north of Interstate 80, so it is really easy to find.  If you are coming commercially, Chicago O'hare and Midway are about a three hour drive.  You can also look at Peoria (KPIA) or Cedar Rapids (KCID) which are about an hours drive away.  But we're hoping you will fly your Q-bird (or other aircraft) directly to KDVN!

I talked to the hotel management today (same place as last year).  They are very happy to host us again (I know, I was surprised too!).  Information on reserving a room are attached below.  Please make your reservation by 01 September and mention our group to get the best room rate.  I specifically discussed how weather sensitive we are, and they have agreed to allow cancellations at no charge up to and including your stated arrival date.  So if you think there is any chance that you will attend (and I hope you will!), please go ahead and make a reservation.

As we get closer, I'll ask for a show of hands of those that will be attending, just to make sure we have enough food and drinks for everyone.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.  Every year at these events I laugh so hard my cheeks are sore for a week afterwards!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions please free to email me directly.

Thanks,

Paul A. Fisher
Q-200, N17PF