Re: Bolt torques

Jay Scheevel

You are right Richard, I did not think to state that the ailerons are AN3's. Good point about the shank. I will check that. In any case, I am sure my holes are not as precise as could be, but I can use the hole reamer to check/improve. I have deburred them. I am presuming that the bolt tension and associated friction is what eliminates slop in the control system, since only a thousandth or two will show up as some play in the controls. Small torques should not distort the tube too much since it is fairly thick walled steel, but trying to find the happy medium between distorting and providing adequate clamping force that would provide enough friction. Just thinking out loud here... Thanks for your input.