Re: IFR in Qbirds

JMasal@...

Hee hee heeee, McCormack, I had almost forgotten about the wire brush...ALmost !

-----Original Message-----
To: Q-LIST
Sent: Fri, Aug 11, 2017 8:44 am
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: IFR in Qbirds

As he slowly returns the wire brush to the drawer, unused but ready.

On 11Aug, 2017, at 3:39, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Alrightee then...

To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Wed, Aug 9, 2017 8:38 pm

i am not currently IFR rated but I am planning on getting rated this fall. I think you miss understood me, I would never fly into IFR conditions without an IFR clearance or rating. I have read those accident reports as well and don't want to be a statistic.  I am looking to upgrade my current TRI-q panel and I am thinking of going all the way to have the ability to fly IFR. Iam just trying to get information from the knowledgeable group on wether that is a reasonable option or like some others have already stated the quickie is not a very stable platform and maybe I should just stay VFR with the quickie and rent an IFR certified airplane for those days that are marginal.  
Thanks 
Jay

On Aug 9, 2017, at 5:31 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@yahoog roups.com> wrote:

OK then.  
you IFR   rated?
... or you just figger the odds are good you won't hit me coming thru the other direction.
Geeeezze.
From 40+ years reading accident reports I don't like those odds even for IFR rated pilots
(who should be more stable even than their aircraft but are not always !)
Being grounded by death lasts toooooo long.

Hey other Jim
I do not know the other Jim at all. The lite I am talking about is maybe a low cloud base that is not more than a couple thousand feet thick and a destination airport that is marginal VFR. I am not talking about climbing or descending though 10000 feet of CB clouds. I have been grounded by not having the ability to take off with a low cloud base at 500 and clear skies from 300 0 feet of stratus cloud. 
Jay 

On Aug 9, 2017, at 12:39 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Jay, how close are y0u and Jim as far as "knowing "each other???
Flying ANY kind of IFR depends a lot on how good a pilot you are and what
level of slo p you are willing to enter. How much lite is lite?
Even with a 50 axis autopilot, does Jim have enough data to evaluate you on that?

Another Jim

To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Wed, Aug 9, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks Jim
Ya I was also thinking about that. I am planning on a two Axis auto pilot, in your opinion will that not be enough?
Jay

On Aug 8, 2017, at 6:22 PM, logistics_engineering@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hi Jay,

I've flown "Lite IFR" in my Q200 and would not recommend it without a 3 axis autopilot. The Q is not a real stable platform.........IMHO. 

Jim Patillo

N46JP Q200

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.