From: "Rob de Bie robdebie@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 9/1/17 11:00 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] New video - Finishing Composite Aircraft using the Epoxy Wipe method

I was wondering about two things:

- would the technique benefit from using peel ply
over the skin laminate? At least it would save
time sanding down the skin with 36 grit. Plus it
always hurts me to see a structural laminate treated like that.

- would it help to control the layer thickness of
the micro? For example, if you would hold two
electrical wires chordwise over the skin surface,
and move the drywall knife over these raised
guides, it would allow a controlled thickness.
Maybe you can reduce the thickness because of the
improved control, delete the step with the
Surform file, and save time sanding the micro down.

Just two ideas after watching your video again :-)

Rob