Re: Maiden Flight! (return to service that is) [1 Attachment]

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Yes, I Have aux fuel pump. I think several of us have done this. Jerry

-------- Original message --------
From: "jay@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 9/1/17 1:31 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Maiden Flight! (return to service that is) [1 Attachment]

Hi Matthew,

If you are unable to positively identify the culprit and you want some piece of mind for adequate fuel flow on takeoff and landing, you could install an electric boost pump on the bottom of the header tank with a separate line T'd off of the current direct flow line (and a check valve to assure positive pressure to the carb).

I think that Jerry Marstall has this type of arrangement on his Tri-Q (Jerry? true?). I have this sort of setup on mine, but have yet to test and fly it. Jerry has been flying his for a long time. For what it is worth, I am posting my fuel schematic as an attachment to this note.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building