Re: Fuel system anomaly video

Mike Dwyer

Are you using Ethanol based fuel?  If so, STOP.  Could something be heating your fuel line?  Is you fuel line metal and near the exhast?
Mike

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Matthew Curcio mlcurcio89@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Okay guys I got a video! Prepare to be perplexed.

So a background to this. I put a factory overhauled carb on here and that took car of the power loss on take off issues. I then found an issue where when I am going above 140mph I get a fuel starvation issue where the engine leans out and will begin knocking even. It does not do it consistently or predictably. Pulling carb heat will smooth everything out and make it run perfectly fine.

I have also noticed this odd anomaly on the fuel system gauges. The splashing in the header glass is not continuous but the bubbling in the main gauge continued until I landed. I have to wonder if the issue above is related to this but I don't see how they could be.