Re: flight report

Mike Dwyer

Jim,
The carb spider is not a good place for measuring carb temp.  The spider splits the air/fuel mixture into 4.  If your using a MA3SPA carb, there is a plug in the throat where the sensor goes.  This is real close to the throttle plate.  This is where the temperature drops when the throttle is retarded and where the ice builds up.
Mike N3QP Q200

On Dec 18, 2017 00:15, "logistics_engineering@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hey Kev!

Glad to hear you are safe and sound. I’ve rarely had carb ice but when temp and dew point come together it’s not good. And yes! It makes for a real good butt pucker.

I have a temp probe in carb intake spider for just that reason. You might want to invest in one.

Jim

N46JP Q200