Re: Sold as parts

Larry Severson

Thank you.

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:37 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Sold as parts

As I understand the regs, if the AW certificate was sent to FAA for any reason, decommissioned, wrecked, did not want the liability when done flying, etc,

the FAA will NOT issue another certificate, as they know exactly where the certificate is. It’s not lost or stolen or misplaced, it’s in OK City. That plane will not get a certificate again without lying to the FAA. They frown on such things.

I believe this to be true, but would deny it under oath!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B  445 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Dec 19, 2017, at 3:13 PM, Paul Fisher rv7a.n18pf@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm no expert either, but my understanding is you have to show the AIRCRAFT was >50% built by amateurs in order to get a valid airworthiness certificate.  You have to show that YOU personally built more than 50% to get the repairman's certificate allowing you to sign off on annual condition inspections.  So it should be possible to show that the aircraft is eligible for an airworthiness certificate even if you didn't do the work.

Of course different FSDO offices may have different opinions, so you should check locally to see what they say.

All of this is for US residents.  I have no idea what the rules are in other parts of the world!!

Paul Fisher

Q-200 N17PF

On Dec 19, 2017 3:02 PM, "Norm Parmley norm_parm@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Yes, there are paths to flying that bird again. The rules say 51% if you are building. If you are using pieces of another project, and building a new project you have to build 51% of the "new" aircraft. If you are rebuilding a current project, and keeping the "N" number it will be hard to show you have built 51%.

I am no super authority on the subject. However, if you want to discuss with me, pleas call: 252-671-1567

Rgards,

Norm parmley

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 2:40:52 PM EST, 'larry severson' larry2@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I see a few sales of Q2s as parts. Is there any way to put that plane in the air legally?