Re: progress

Mike Dwyer

Well, 121.5 mhz ELT's are no longer monitored but I kept mine in the space behind the pilots head above the main wing.  I can reach my hand in there to turn it off or on.  Your 406 EPIRB could go there.
I doubled the diameter of the original tail spring and welded a bigger attach to the tail wheel pivot.  The measly 3/8" bolt the tail wheel pivots on bends easily and if it were me, I'd go to the next size up bolt for that.
I also cracked the lower rudder hinge.  Hey, use lots of glass down there if your building a Q200 cause the plane is nose heavy anyway.
Discussion went around a few times with fire extinguishers.  I heard of one killing someone but never heard of anyone being saved by one.  I chose not to install one.
I keep a first aid kit, some tools, spare oil, in a bag in the luggage compartment.
I chose not to go with dual rudder pedals.  Now on a trip I pick the heaviest bag and toss it where the passenger rudder pedals would have gone.  In flight you don't need the pedals and on landing I sure don't want a passenger touching them.  Plus that, Rutan when asked about something that is not needed for flight said, "throw it up in the air, if it comes down you don't need it".

Mike Q200 N3QP

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Dorothea Keats dkeats@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:
   I have the  vertical stab attached along with tail spring and wheel.
Working on the longerons and canopy mount.  Have the ailerons and
elevators made with the hinge pins installed.
  Now for a question.  Where is everyone installing the ELT, fire
extinguisher and first aid kit.  Doesn't seem to be many places.
  I am also going to install dual rudder pedals. The plans say to hop in
and find a comfortable position and install them there, but does anyone
have any dimensions of the comfortable spacing? Take care-------------
Canada Chris