Re: ePilot: P-51 engine-out, off-airport landing; Valdez 9.5-foot landing

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Hi Charlie. Good to hear from you. I'll check out your site.  Too bad your incident didn't get filmed.  No one would believe you survived.
Hope you are back in the air this summer.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/18/18 11:46 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Fwd: ePilot: P-51 engine-out, off-airport landing; Valdez 9.5-foot landing

Jerry,

I watched that, it brought back memories. I am getting ready to go north to work on my Dragonfly this summer. 
Still waiting for a hangar to appear at the local airport E95 so I can move aviation stuff.

Regards, 

Charlie

My You Tube Channel " One Sky Dog " 

On May 18, 2018, at 4:40 AM, Jerry Marstall jnmarstall@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/18/18 2:36 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: ePilot: P-51 engine-out, off-airport landing; Valdez 9.5-foot landing

Welcome, Jerry. Trouble viewing ePilot, view online. Questions or comments? Contact AOPA.
AOPA
VOL 20, ISSUE 20 May 18, 2018
AOPA
Advertisement
Top Stories
AOPA
Article
Inside a P–51 engine-out, off-airport landing
A P–51 Mustang in a 21-airplane formation loses power. The subsequent emergency and off-airport landing are recorded by in-cockpit cameras, and British warbird pilot Mark Levy shares what was going through his mind. Read more >
AOPA
Article
Continental explains factory Skyhawk diesel plan
Continental Motors Group details its retrofit diesel plan for Cessna Skyhawks after Textron Aviation caught the general aviation world by surprise when it recently pulled the plug on the diesel-powered Cessna Skyhawk JT-A. Read more >
AOPA
AOPA Live This Week
Mustang emergency; Stearmans carry the mail
A pilot shares lessons learned after surviving a P–51 engine failure. One pilot lands and rolls less than 10 feet at the short-takeoff-and-landing competition in Valdez, Alaska. And, Stearman Speedmail biplanes return to action to celebrate the airmail centennial. Watch AOPA Live This Week®, May 17 >
Convenient wireless avionics downloads
Jeppesen Distribution Manager (JDM) Mobile can now be used with Bad Elf Wombat units to download your avionics database updates and transfer them to your data cards, all wirelessly. JDM Mobile is a free download from the App Store for iPhones/iPads, and the Wombat is available for purchase through Bad Elf. Visit jeppesen.com/jdm-mobile.
  Advertisement  
AOPA
AOPA Fly-Ins
AOPA
Article
AOPA's Missoula Fly-In to

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.