Best,
IF
Tri Q200 ~65hrs

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 11:02:24 AM CDT, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Sage advice, Bruce. Thank you very much for sharing this. I am making a mental checklist of just how to handle the touchy pitch so as to avoid getting behind the airplane and your description is very clear.

From: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:36 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Langley_wind_tunnel_on_Q.pdf

For the TriQ it will not let  you get the nose off the runway before it is ready to fly.  Plus if you manage to pop the Q off the runway at it's slowest speed you can very easily get PIO and also a mush with control issues with respect to the ailerons.  A very touchy situation.  One of our guys killed himself on 1st flight perhaps by not reacting quickly enough with just the right inputs.

Holding the elevator all the was back or popping it off the runway with pulling hard back on the stick will put you in this scenario.  You can put the stick about midway and let the nose gear get light and when the nose get off just push forward on the stick enough to let the airspeed accelerate enough to give it a slight tug on the stick and then make the inputs needed to keep form PIO.

Hope this is clearer than mud.

Bruce