Re: Reflexor, Elevator and takeoff/landing angle

David J. Gall

Jay, something doesn’t add up. At constant gross weight and CG location, you cite liftoff at two different combinations of elevator and reflexor deflection that seem incompatible to me. In one, your reflexor is 2deg TE down and your elevator is 12deg down; in the other, your reflexor is 6deg TE up and your elevator is 17deg down. It seems to me that one or the other of these conditions will result in a rapid pitch change (rotation about the lateral axis) and will be unsustainable immediately after liftoff. Are you including airfoil pitching moments in your calculations? They are required for determining pitch equilibrium.