Re: Fuel tank vent

Dave Hudak

Hi Jay,
     My neighbor, John Shryock, talked with Reggie's brother, Bud, two weeks ago. The story I got was Reggie sold the Q-Bird to someone and the new owner said he was fully capable of flying the bird. He then proceeded to run it off the side of the runway on the first try.... bummer. No one was hurt. Bud now has the airplane in his shop in Helena, MT for a rebuild. Too bad since that is one of the nicest (fastest) Q-Birds out there.
     We will be going to Helena to pick up some parts in the not too distant future. I will check it out and send a photo or two.
All the best to the group,
Dave

Powerhouse Electric, Inc.
201 Cavu Avenue / Kalispell, MT  59901
Office:   406-257-2677

David Hudak, Pres.
Master Electrician
Serving the Flathead Valley over 30 years!!

On Saturday, September 15, 2018, 2:01:49 PM MDT, jay@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Hi Dave,

I think I saw a clip about Reg Clarke's Q2 departing runway and getting damaged about a month ago. Are you familiar with what happened? Hope it is not damaged too badly. It is a very nice plane.