Re: Member locations

One Sky Dog

Vern,

Justin Mace of Tucson, early Dragonfly builder. I believe maybe the first “snap dragon” molded fuselage. Started with VW, went to Subaru ( to heavy) , ended with O-200 and Simple Digital Systems EFI.

Sold to a doctor? Flew it home tried to land at the local air park 3 times before mushing into the brush. I believe a crosswind was involved. Plane totaled, Pilot ok.

Lesson to be learned!!! Q-birds and Dragonflies do NOT take off and land like conventional platform GA airplanes. Without transition training it will probably not turn out as pleasant as the expected vision the new to type pilot sees.

Regards,

Charlie

On Dec 5, 2018, at 6:20 AM, Vern Lehman smeshno1@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

There was a NM builder/owner a few years back but he sold the completed aircraft and if memory serves
it was totaled by the new owner. Nice aircraft.. there is a long story behind on line about it's development.
Subaru EA81T powered.