Re: Flight Report

britmcman99

Hello Mike:

Say again what ABS-B you installed. I am putting in. Garmin GTX 335 this month.

Phil Lankford

On Mar 23, 2019, at 12:57 PM, q2pilot@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Gainesville Regional Airport (KGNV)

2019 Gator Fly-In and Armed Services Appreciation Day

Gainesville is about 50 minutes north of me.  It was a beautiful day tho 60F in the morning with light winds and no clouds, going up to 80F.  We fired up the Q200 and headed north.  Nice flight altho the ADS-B did find a guy coming straight at us but then he turned as I was turning... did he have ADS-B also?  I kinda bet he did.  Then up north away from all the class B and stuff a twin and shortly after a single flys by with no transponder.  Oh well, gota keep the eyes outside.  We get to KGNV and the tower there is going nuts.  So much traffic calling in and asking to land.  Twice the tower told everyone to stay out of the Class D.  They were having a bad day.  I've noticed the air traffic picking up as the economy improves.  Add to that a nice day and a Fly In event and you got a real mess brewing.  We circled the swamp a while and then decided to just go home.  2 hours and didn't even get to land anywhere!  The Q200 performed flawlessly.

Mike Q200 N3QP

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF